Friday, 17 November 2017

Thank You Writing! Athletics Day Highlights.

 Walt: using descriptive language.


Here's some of the highlights from the Year 6 Boys. All credits to Mr Goodwin.



Dear Teachers, Parents and Helpers, Thank You for giving up your time and helping us with Athletics Day. It was an great day but it wouldn’t happen with you guys. I hope you enjoy this writing for you!

Athletics day is when the whole school comes together to compete and play sports. Everyone comes to school in their house colours. I was in Hokule’a (Green). The whole school gets put into their Years. I was in the Year 6 girls. Every Time we finish an activity Mr Jacobsen blows the bugle for the 5’s up and that means we have to change and move on to the next activity. If we come 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th in one of the activities we get to compete in the eastern zone. We compete against different people from other schools.


My favorite part of the day was Sprints! After morning tea time all the Year 6 girls had to go and line up for Sprints. I had lot’s of butterflies in my stomach and I did not know what to do. We were put into lines and we had to race the person in whichever line we were in. Overall I came 3rd in the 100m race and I was super happy!  

Next year my goal is to came 1st, 2nd or 3rd in next year’s activities. I am also hoping to get a better result in next year's athletics especially shot put, sprints, discus and javelin. I also want to get into more
sports next year so I can get better and better at sports.

It was an awesome day at athletics. I learned that when you are positive in sports you’ll get a good result, and that is what I learnt at athletics. I’d like to say another big thank you to all the parents and supporters. This could’ve not happen with you!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see how much enjoyment you get Amelia in competing in different activities whether it be sports or dancing or school work. Keep going with your enthusiastic spirit - you are a delight to teach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mrs Sinclair! It was a great year working with you!

      Delete