Friday 20 January 2017

Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey W3 D15 A1/2

Day 15 – Art History
It’s the final day of Week 3 and you are feeling more and more comfortable in the country. You decide that you would now like to learn a bit more about the people and the history of your country so you spend the day exploring the art galleries and museums. There are so many different options to choose from! You decide to start with the local art gallery before moving on to see the national history museum.
Activity 1
When you walk into the local gallery, the first piece of artwork that you see is a painting by Wassily Kandinsky called ‘Swinging.’
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Swinging by Wassily.jpg
http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/work-251.php
While you are looking at it, a staff member at the gallery comes up to you and asks you for your opinion of the painting. What do you think of it?
On your blog please tell us:
  1. What do you think of this painting? Do you like it?
  2. If you could buy it and give it to someone, who would you choose?

If it was me, I would give it to my sister because she really likes bright, bold colours and abstract pictures.
Description: I think that this painting is amazing whoever made this shout out to that person. If there was a meaning to this painting I would really like to know about it. I feel like if I keep looking at the painting I'll get the meaning of it. I really like is bright colours and the shapes that the person has made for the painting. I I could buy this painting and give it to someone I would give it to my mum. My mum loves bright stuff because my grandma ( My mums mum) used to draw painting like flowers and my mum would keep them.
Activity 2
After exploring the gallery you decide to walk across the street to the national museum. It is an amazing place! There is so much information about the history of the country in this museum. It’s hard to know where to start!
After walking for a little while you come across a display with pictures of children that were taken in 1901 (over 100 years ago)! In this picture, the children are working on a local farm, milking cows. They are not going to school. Back in those days, children usually went to school until they reached the age of 12 or 13. They then left school and went to work. Imagine that you were alive 100 years ago. How would you feel if you had to leave school at the age of 12? Would you be happy or sad? On your blog, tell us how you would feel.
If I had to stop school at the age of 12 or 13 I'll be very sad. Because I love learning about new thing, and as they say your not to old to learn something new. That is so right. So of course because when you learn more and more you keep developing more knowledge. What my maths teacher say if your confused is good because you can learn something new, and if your just lazy or day dreaming your not developing more knowledge for yourself. So yea that's all about my feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Amelia!

    Thanks for the great post. I am quite confident that your mom will love the 'Swinging' painting. It is very bright and bold. It is also full of interesting shapes that she might enjoy looking at. I know that I could spend quite a bit of time looking at the painting and trying to appreciate all of the various elements. It's quite a complex and complicated picture.

    Speaking of complicated, I must agree with your math teacher who has said that it's okay to be confused when things get complicated. It means that you are thinking about the problem and trying to solve it rather than sitting back and daydreaming about something else. When we are introduce to new things it can take us awhile to get our heads around it, but it's always worth it. Learning isn't always easy but, as my mom used to say, "If it was easy, everyone would do it!"

    I like pushing myself to try new things and to be brave and adventurous. It always pays off!

    Keep up the great work with your blogging, Amelia. Big 'shout out' to you for your awesome effort!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete